Saturday, June 1, 2013

Christmas in June?

I woke up this morning like a kid who could not wait to see what presents Santa left under the tree. For over a month I had been feeling a little worse than what is my normal. But today I actually woke up excited for the day. I love adrenaline.

Today, June 1, is the day Ann and I left for Chicago. We were fortunate to have good weather for our 50 minute flight from Columbus to Chicago. On a side note, this time we flew into Midway because I still wake up in the middle of the night after our experience at O'Hare.

After we arrive in Chicago we thought it would be best to just hail a taxi and have them drive us to our apartment. Let me just say, YOU HAVE TO BE CLINICALLY INSANE TO DRIVE IN CHICAGO. The good news is that we do not need to waste our money on the new Fast and Furious movie because we lived it.

Our apartment is in an older building on a quiet side street in an area called Streeterville.  The building definitely has character. The elevator has a sign on it that says, "3 Person Max or Elevator may stall". Although the elevator did not stall on us, we did not know how to get out of it so we rode it for awhile. Good times. Our room is small but perfect for us.

 Tomorrow Ann and I are planning on resting up and familiarizing ourselves with the area. I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for this opportunity. None of this would have been possible if we did not have such an amazing family and such amazing friends.

Monday is my first day of testing, so I will keep you posted.

Thanks again to everyone for all the prayers and support. My heart tells me this is where I am supposed to be.



4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you have your sense of humor. Soooo are you telling me that when I am there that I may not ride in the elevator with you two? I may just push it over the 3 person limit...LOL.. that is OK as long as you show me how to get off. I am sure I will be freaking out! Love you both and hope you have a great day tomorrow. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and didn't see the O'Hare incident...would love to read that some time! :) Go Express is a good shuttle to take from the airport to hotels in city and they have all been good drivers from my experience (4 times used). Praying for a great experience for you! God bless.

    Wendy Nash

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how you were as a little boy regarding Christmas. You could not sleep and would be up at 3:00am. I am so happy you had that great feeling again today. I love you so much, and so happy Ann is there by your side. Both you stay strong and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love u! I also remember Christmas mornings.... Atleast you didn't have to put on a pot of coffee for mom and dad this morning like we used to have to before we could open presents lol. <3

    ReplyDelete