Friday, June 28, 2013

Pardon the Interruption

As the month of June approaches its end, so does our time here with our daughters.  They have no idea the strength they gave to me this past month. 





I cannot believe how much has been accomplished this month.  It seems like just yesterday I was going through all the pre-tests to ensure my body was capable of handling the stem cell transplant.  Now here we are planning to go home and prepare for the next phase in this process.

This month, I have shared and learned more about CIDP than I did in the prior 20 years.  Recently, I was asked by a member of the Neuropathy Association (www.neuropathy.org) if I would give permission for the association to share my blog with its members.  I cannot tell you what an honor this is for me.  I have not always been open or candid about the nature of this disease.  However, by sharing my experiences through this blog, I have witnessed how my story is able to comfort others and how theirs have been a comfort to me.  

Tomorrow we will be heading back to Ohio to spend time with our families before returning to Chicago the second week of July.  Since we will be home I will not be as active on updating the blog.  However, I will monitor it and respond to any questions. 

Since I won't be posting as much, I thought I would leave you with a riddle.  Don't give into the temptation to look up the answer on the internet.  It spoils the fun! Here goes: I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?

Good luck to all in the week that lies ahead and may all of you have a safe and happy 4th of July.

 -- Get the hi-res version!

No comments:

Post a Comment