Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day +2 Walking and Rolling




As I mentioned yesterday I wanted to share with you some of the improvement I am seeing first hand.  Up until now, Bryan only walked with a walker around our house and that was still difficult and scary to watch.  Now, he can walk longer distances and is way steadier on his feet.  His balance and coordination is terrific compared to what it was.  The first video is of Bryan walking in the hall today, July 18, 2013.  For those of you who have been familiar with Bryan's decline this past year, you will hopefully see this as improvement!


End of his walk today.  This video highlights his improved balance.

5 comments:

  1. You will be chasing the kids around the house and yard before you know it!! Love and prayers going out to you, Ann, your girls and family every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How phenomenal!!! It is such a joy to watch these two videos! Congratulations, Bryan! Smiling from ear to ear!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better work on your basketball shots to keep up with the girls. My heart is full!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot begin to explain the sense of accomplishment I felt during this walk. Based on my first physical therapy session we set a goal of making one lap around the floor before I was discharged. Now, physical therapy and I are setting goals for walking with only a cane and work up to stairs. This has been such an amazing journey in such a short time. I am so thankful to Dr. Burt and his team for their courage and strength. Also, I am thankful to everyone who is following our journey. Thank you for your continued support.

    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bryan,
    You courage, strength and will are amazing to watch. I have been in awe of you. Watching how excited you are to be able to feel sensations that you have not been able to feel in a long time. Also, to watch as you set new goals each day and then meet then head on. Your hard work and determination, along with the love of God, & the power of prayer will get you through this healing process. I am so glad it worked out that I could be here to witness this great chapter of your life. Love you & Ann so much!!

    ReplyDelete