Monday, July 22, 2013

Day +6 Call the Blood Bank.

July 22, 2013:

Well 6 days post transplant and blood counts are continuing to drop. I have been battling a resting heart rate of around 115 beats per minute and a standing heart rate around 140. The nurses and doctors seemed to be puzzled by the fact that I not feeling light-headed or faint. However, Dr. Amy felt that it might be a good idea to go ahead and give me 2 units of red blood cells to try and combat the high heart rate. This is a normal part of the recovery process. I asked Amy earlier if it was possible to go through the entire process and not need either red blood cells or platelets. She informed me that she had only seen 2 patients go through the entire process and not need any blood. I secretly was hoping to be the third patient. Oh well, it is not like I had any control of it.

Right now, I am just thankful to those individuals who go out and donate blood. I know that there are many individuals in the areas back home who work for the American Red Cross. I hope they don't mind, but I would like to thank Lori Gaitten and Trista Woolen. I know there are many others who work with these individuals, but I have personally seen the effort these two put into their work. So, if you can, please donate because you really never know who you are helping.





No comments:

Post a Comment