Monday, August 5, 2013

It's Good to be Home

August 5, 2013:

Last Thursday, we said goodbye to Chicago. Over the course of the 1 hour flight I could feel my excitement growing. It had been weeks since I had hugged my daughters. Finally, we landed in Columbus and as we proceeded to baggage claim we were greeted by two little girls jumping up and down waving their Welcome Home signs.
 

When we arrived at our house we were greeted by many of our family and friends. A member of our church said a wonderful prayer and then balloons were set free. This gesture truly touched my heart.

 



 




 


Last fall when I had decided to pursue the stem cell transplant I told Ann and my Mom that I wanted to do this on my own. I did not want to feel indebted to anyone.  Funny how God gives us a kick in the pants when we need. There is no way that I could have gone through this process if it was not for all the people who helped us along the way. My family has truly been blessed.

Over the next several months I will be getting weekly blood draws to continue to monitor my blood counts. Everyday I wake up I cannot believe that I am able to walk. It has been simply amazing. I am now able to walk up the 15 steps it takes for me to get from our first floor to our second floor. For the first time in over 20 years I am no longer taking medicines for my CIDP and I am continuing to improve. What a great feeling!

On another note, I mailed my packet into the State of Ohio to get the ball rolling for my foundation. I should hear back from them by next week. I am looking forward to the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I understand the power of hope and knowing the power that this 4 letter word carries drives my passion to help others. Below is a picture of the gift Ann got me.

From here on out, I plan to update the blog on Monday evenings.  So, more to come next week.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment