Monday, September 2, 2013

On the Move

September 2, 2013:

No longer can I sit cooped up in this house. I need to get out and start living again. In doing so, I am still staying clear of large crowds and sick individuals. It just feels nice to go outside and sit in our swing and watch my dogs play in the yard.

Over the past week I have fixed a few issues I was having with my truck (which could not have been done without the help of my brother-in-law). I also went with one of my friends to watch some high school football on Friday. There is something about a Friday night watching high school football that is soothing to my soul. Then Sunday I watched my oldest daughter cheer for the 5th and 6th grade football team.

As my foot has began to heal from my fall, I am beginning to notice that I am doing things without thinking about it. For example, on Sunday we were returning from watching my daughter cheer and I had to use the bathroom extremely bad. When we pulled into the driveway, I hopped out of the car and bounced up the three steps on our porch on my way to the restroom. I was halfway up the steps before it truly hit me that I was actually walking effortlessly.

I am also noticing that fatigue seems to becoming less of an issue. I know that this is asking for trouble, but I have been more active this week and I am yet to experience one of my "spells". This is not to say that I still do not fatigue easily. When I leave the house I am still using my roller walker because it doubles as a seat for me to rest on when I need to.  It is just that it is not taking days to recover from a busy day. Previously, going to the doctor for a blood draw would have sapped most of my energy. My recovery seems to be more normal (whatever normal is). Each day I am waking up feeling a little more rested and my energy stays with me a little longer.

Each week I am amazed at the results I am seeing. For over a month and a half I have not been on any medications to treat my CIDP. My body is continuing to respond to the stem cell transplant and I am getting stronger every day. I cannot wait to see what this next week has in store for me. However, I do know that I need to quit procrastinating and get my butt in gear working on organizing my foundation. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today” - Abraham Lincoln.




2 comments:

  1. Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halleluiah, Halle - luiah....I am so happy for you! So thankful for all the wonderful and positive news!
    We are looking forward to seeing you in November! Don't you think my singing has improved? Love you, Bryan, Ann, Taylor and Torin. Aunt Aleta and Uncle Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy about the results you are seeing/feeling!! Praise God for all the good you are experiencing! Woo Hoo!!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete