Monday, September 9, 2013

This is for Shirley.

September 9, 2013:

This week was not without heartache. Heaven gained another angel last week when a member of my family passed away. I had not seen Aunt Shirley in many years, but we had reconnected through Facebook. Shirley was a devote Christian woman who always put everyone's needs ahead of her own. She had her own health problems, and never did I hear her complain. She read my blog daily and relished in my recovery. Shirley made sure that my name was on every prayer list she could think of. I know that my recovery has been so successful because of the prayers the Shirley made sure was said I my behalf. Thank you Shirley.

Time goes by so fast. Last week I talked about how I had been procrastinating. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. All we have is this moment, right here, and right now. It is important to remember this. If I were gone tomorrow, how would I want to be remembered? I would want to be remembered how Shirley was remembered. It is without a doubt she is remembered as a loving, caring, and a unselfish woman who walked with God. Goodbye Shirley, you were a shining star in what often seems like a dark world.

The question is, "How do you want to be remember?"






1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome speech you gave in remembrance to Shirley. I didn't know her well but I remember her as a gentle soul who always had a kind word.

    Aleta

    ReplyDelete