Monday, October 7, 2013

Changes

October 7, 2013

As the weather in Ohio begins to change from summer to fall I cannot help but be thankful for the changes that I have also experienced. Each day I am amazed and grateful for the progress I am making. Just four months ago I was admitted to Northwestern to officially begin my stem cell transplant. At that time I could barely stand and needed the assistance of either a wheelchair or walking. Getting a shower and dressing myself sucked my energy. Now, almost 3 months post-transplant, I am walking freely around my house. For precautionary reasons, I take my cane with me when I leave the house. I still occasionally use my roller walker if I am going to be around a lot of people. My walker gives me the confidence to know that I can sit if I need to and it alerts others to watch out for me. However, everyday is not always sunshine and rainbows.

This past week I have been feeling slightly run down. I am sure it has nothing to do with me taking afternoon drives through the country or walking up and down my stairs several times a day. I just do not seem to be able to figure it out. I am sure that my body is ready to handle just about anything I can throw at it.

 Change can often be perceived in a negative way. You know, like when your wife wants to change her husband. Or, when your family moves while you are in college and doesn't give you their forwarding address. Well, when it come to my stem cell transplant I have been changed for the better. Sure I may have some bad days, but these bad days are nothing compared to my CIDP bad days. I may be a little sluggish from time to time, but I do not have the pain.












1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear no pain! Enjoyed our day together today, Bryan. Keep up the good work and you know how much your body can take in a day. Still praying every day and thanking God every day for you to keep continuing this path to good health.
    Love you, Mom & Dad


    ReplyDelete