Monday, January 27, 2014

Remember This

January 27, 2014

The past few weeks have been a little rough, but I have some wonderful people in my life who are always here to cheer me up. This week I received a card from my mother-in-law that I wanted to share with everyone. The card says:

Remember this - whatever life may choose to bring your way,
You're not defined by anything but who you are each day....

Remember this - your spirit shines so brightly from inside,
And the light you bring into this world, no clouds could ever hide....

Remember this - you're cared about, there's no one quite like you,
And you've only grown in strength and heart with all you've been through.
 
I know it is cheesy, but I am realizing that cheesy is OK. I keep telling Ann I need to go get my testosterone levels tested because of how sensitive I have been lately. She thinks I am crazy.

Anyway, I wanted to share this because I think this is a message that many of us in recovery can often forget. We have been through too much to not be thankful for today. As Ann has reminded me, "Today is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24). Now it is time for me to go and put my "big boy" pants on and continue moving forward one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment